Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

EOTD: Madd Style Cosmetics Yellow/Green/Black!

Hi hi hi hi hi hiiii!

Yesterday I posted on the Madd Style Cosmetics facebook fan page asking everyone for suggestions on what kinds of colour combinations they'd like to see me try out.  A lovely MSC fan named Lucy requested yellow, green and black.  Immediately the wheels started turning!!

Here is the look that I came up with: 


It was pretty darn fun to put together!  I thought something as dramatic as this begged for some flash lashes and so I brought my new Red Cherry lashes out of the cases.  Woot!

Products used:

  • MTCoffinz "Under the Rainbow" eye shadow primer applied to whole lid area.
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on pencil in Zero for a base on the lid.  I blended this up a bit into the crease as well.  I also applied it on the outer third of the lower lash line.  I also use this to line the upper and lower water lines and to tight-line as well.
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on pencil in Yeyo--applied to the inner 2/3rds of the lower lash line.
  • Madd Style Cosmetics Oogie Boogie applied to the lid and to the outer portion of the lower lash line. (Oogie Boogie is no longer available, but any black would do--or any dark dark green.)
  • Madd Style Cosmetics Who R U applied in the crease--most heavily on the outer portion of the crease and blended more softly in toward the inner part of the crease.  This colour was also applied to the center of the lower lash line.
  • Madd Style Cosmetics Acid Bath applied to the inner portion of the crease as well as the duct and inner portion of the lower lash line.
  • Madd Style Cosmetics Pop Tarte applied above Who R U in the crease.
  • Madd Style Cosmetics Birfday Suit applied for a brow highlight.
  • Barry M 3 in 1 Intense Black Mascara
  • Red Cherry lashes #43
And I think that's it!  

What are some of your favorite ways to wear yellow, green and black together?  :)

10 comments:

  1. Interesting about the liner! Thank you for letting me know. I'd like to mess around with double liners more, but I'm still trying to figure out the way that works out best for me. You got that coloured line on very precisely! I wish I had your skills! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also disappointed. :( Did they ever send you an updated list?? I'm thinking not because you would have updated your blog if they had?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Channy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! This look turned out pretty well, I thought. :)

    And yes--the falsies didn't give me as much trouble when photographing this look. I think it really depends on how long they are.

    I will completely accept any and all blame for you getting Sugarpill lashes. You are going to *love* them!!

    Annnnd. Go right ahead trying out my way. I'd be flattered. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray, I'm glad!! :)

    (Somehow I didn't get notifications of these comments, so that is why I'm getting back to them so late!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I bet you didn't disappoint anyone with this look?! Because it's totally awesome!
    To answer your question regarding the coloured eyeliner, I always draw the coloured on at the end just before popping on some mascara. A thin thin line and if it's getting to be too much just add some more black eyeliner. I've tried it both ways but this is the easiest one for me ;)
    Phlox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey sweet, it turns out the INGLOT list they sent you and I is actually from 12 months ago and there is an updated list! I posted about it. Very disappointed :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!! Even j0hn loves this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa!! I so loved this look! Especially the black!! And hey, you're getting the hang of capturing your falsies!! They look very flattering on!! You know you're the one who's got me craving for the falsies from sugarpill so i'll blame you if the order is very high if i pull that through haha!!! ;)
    And hm, mostly when i wear yellow with green i like to put the yellow near the tear ducts, but i'll be trying your way if you don't mind..../Azure

    ReplyDelete