Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

March Happiness Project: Day 14

For mid-March it sure is colllllllld in Vancouver!  This morning I was up in the snow and now it's just raining raining raining!  I hope the little bees will survive it!!

It's a new day, new topic!


In my Day 13 topic I had the ever lovely Azure, from EyeGraffiti, comment to say that The Princess and the Frog is a movie that makes her happy.  That got me to thinking about how when I have bad days, sometimes the only thing I want to do when I get home is watch Finding Nemo!  There are many conversations in that movie that tickle me pink.

Example #1:

Squirt: Good afternoon. We're gonna have a great jump today. [rather inaudibly] Okay, first crank a hard cutback as you hit the wall. There's a screaming bottom curve, so watch out. Remember: rip it, roll it, and punch it. 
Marlin: It's like he's trying to speak to me, I know it. 
[to Squirt
Marlin: Look, you're really cute, but I can't understand what you're saying. Say the first thing again. 

Example #2:

Marlin: Now it's my turn. I'm thinking of something dark and mysterious. It's a fish we don't know. If we ask it directions, it could ingest us and spit out our bones. 
Dory: What is it with men and asking for directions? 
Marlin: I don't want to play the gender card right now. You want to play a card, let's play the "let's not die" card. 

Example #3:

Dory: Hey there, Mr. Grumpy Gills. When life gets you down do you wanna know what you've gotta do? 
Marlin: No I don't wanna know. 
Dory: [singing] Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim.
Marlin: Dory, no singing. 
Dory: [continuing] Ha, ha, ha, ha, ho. I love to swim. When you want to swim you want to swim. 
Marlin: Now I'm stuck with that song... Now it's in my head. 
Dory: Sorry. 

Example #4:

Dory: How about we play a game? 
Marlin: All right. 
Dory: Okay, I'm thinking of something orange, and it's small... 
Marlin: It's me. 
Dory: Right! 
[Later
Dory: I'm thinking of something orange and small... 
Marlin: Me again. 
Dory: All right, Mr. Smartypants... 
[Later
Dory: ... It's orange and small, and has stripes... 
Marlin: Me, and the next one - just a guess - me. 
Dory: Okay, that's just scary. 

Thanks, IMDB.com!  You were very helpful with Day 14!

No comments:

Post a Comment